Portrait of the artist
ages 5, 16, 23, 50.
Brief Resume of Author Rick Doble
with Emphasis on Work with Children,
Writing, and Multimedia Skills
1. Non-fiction book published: "How To Get the
Best Buys; The Bargain Hunters Guide to Food,
Clothes, Utilities and Health Care," published by
Globe Communications, 1997.
2. Editor & Publisher: $avvy Discount$
Newsletter, a national money-saving newsletter,
Smyrna, NC, 1994 - present.
3. Writer for 35 years, teacher for 30 years,
photographer for 30 years, worked with computers
for 15 years.
4. Poems published 1969-1995 in small poetry
5. Museum show of computer photography:
Greenville Museum of Art, North Gallery, 1995.
6. Numerous awards for photography, including
Best In Show and First Place, and Finalist in the
Museum of Modern Art Competition for North
American Artists, 1972-1994.
7. Six one-man shows of photography 1972-1993.
8. Taught children (ages 8 - 15) pin hole
photography, Durham, NC & Beaufort, NC, 1977-
9. Wrote, directed and produced 14 multimedia
presentations (generally slide-tape shows
including 4 multi-screen slide-tape shows),
Durham, NC, 1972-1980.
10. Director: Photography Workshop for Teenagers
After School, Durham, NC, 1972-1975.
11. 4 short movie scripts and 1 short play
12. Taught very young children (6 months to 5
years old), Chapel Hill, NC, 1966-1969.
13. Two children books written, 1968-1969.
14. Master of Arts in Communications, UNC -
Chapel Hill, NC, 1975.
a) Master's Thesis: full length movie script.
15. B.A.in English, with an Honors in Writing,
UNC - Chapel Hill, NC, 1966.
© Copyright 1997 by Richard deGaris Doble
All rights reserved