Portrait of the artist
ages 5, 16, 23, 50.
Brief Resume of Author Rick Doble
with Emphasis on Writing,
Play Writing and Multimedia Skills
1. Non-fiction book published: "How To Get the
Best Buys; The Bargain Hunters Guide to Food,
Clothes, Utilities and Health Care," published by
Globe Communications, 1997.
2. Editor & Publisher: $avvy Discount$
Newsletter, a national money-saving newsletter,
Smyrna, NC, 1994 - present.
3. Museum show of computer photography:
Greenville Museum of Art, North Gallery, 1995.
4. Poems published 1969-1995 in small poetry
5. Six one-man shows of photography 1972-1993.
6. Numerous awards for photography, including
Best In Show and First Place, and Finalist in the
Museum of Modern Art Competition for North
American Artists, 1972-1994.
7. Photography columnist/reviewer: Durham, NC
8. Wrote, directed and produced 14 multimedia
presentations (generally slide-tape shows
including 4 multi-screen slide-tape shows),
Durham, NC, 1972-1980.
9. 4 short movie scripts and 1 short play
10. Master of Arts in Communications, UNC -
Chapel Hill, NC, 1975.
a) Master's Thesis: full length movie script.
11. B.A.in English, with an Honors in Writing,
UNC - Chapel Hill, NC, 1966.
© Copyright 1997 by Richard deGaris Doble
All rights reserved