Portrait of the artist
ages 5, 16, 23, 50.
Brief Resume of Author Rick Doble
with Emphasis on Writing Background
1. Non-fiction book published: "How To Get the
Best Buys; The Bargain Hunters Guide to Food,
Clothes, Utilities and Health Care," published by
Globe Communications, 1997. Over 500,000 copies
were distributed nationwide. Second book published
by Globe in the fall of 1997.
2. Editor & Publisher: $avvy Discount$
Newsletter, a national money-saving newsletter,
Smyrna, NC, 1994 - present.
3. Poems published 1969-1995 in small poetry
4. Taught journalism and creative writing:
Carteret Community College and Carteret Arts
Council, Morehead City, NC, 1991-1994.
5. Collections of short-short stories, essays,
and haiku poetry written, plus a one-act play and
a children's story, 1987-1991.
6. Wrote, directed and produced 14 multimedia
presentations (generally slide-tape shows
including 4 multi-screen slide-tape shows),
Durham, NC, 1972-1980.
7. Photography columnist/reviewer: Durham, NC
8. 4 short movie scripts and 1 short play
9. Master of Arts in Communications, UNC -
Chapel Hill, NC, 1975.
a) Master's Thesis: full length movie script.
10. B.A.in English, with an Honors in Writing,
UNC - Chapel Hill, NC, 1966.
© Copyright 1997 by Richard deGaris Doble
All rights reserved